NBPHS Dress Code Policy
NBPHS has been approved to opt out of standard school attire. The following dress code will be strictly enforced:
1. Skirts, skorts, and shorts must extend below the fingertip.
2. Outerwear such as long or oversized raincoats and heavy cold-weather jackets or coats may not be worn in the classroom.
3. All pants must be worn at the waist. No sagging or low riding.
4. No see through type clothing is to be worn.
5. Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times.
6. Head coverings such as bandanas, scarves, sweatbands, caps, do-rags or hairnets are not to be worn.
7. Undershirts and tank tops, if worn, must be worn with another "cover up" shirt. Shoulders, backs, chests, and midriffs must be covered.
8. Torn clothing is prohibited.
9. Writing or images of substances that are illegal for teens (i.e. drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products) or are otherwise offensive, lewd, indecent, vulgar, obscene, profane, gang-related or constitute racial or ethnic slurs may not be worn.
10. Tattoos that display drugs, alcohol or tobacco products, or gang or sex-related words or images must not be seen at any time.
11. Chains and spiked accessories are not permissible.
Approved head coverings worn, as part of a student's bona fide religious practices or beliefs shall not be prohibited under this policy. NBPHS will provide reasonable accommodation to students whose bona fide religious belief; medical condition or disability requires special clothing.
NBPHS reserves the right to modify this policy as necessary and reserves the right to determine what might be disruptive and unsafe.